What are profiles?
A profile is used to give specific permissions to users and determine which notifications will add value to the specific user's experience.
Default user profiles
Go to Settings > Profiles to see the 3 defaults that are pre-configured with Crewhu:
Assign User Profiles
The user who initially signs up for a Crewhu account is automatically given an "Admin" profile which has access to all settings and permissions. This admin can assign 1 of 3 default profiles to a user when the user is added to Crewhu. The s defaults are as follows:
- Admin - Used for the Crewhu administrator and other executives that may need a high permission level.
- Manager - Used for team and location managers.
- Employee - used for individual contributors that do not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below screenshot highlights the default profiles in the Setup >Employee > Add.
Best practice: Make the employee profile the new user default since this profile is used most often and has the lowest permission level.
To see the default profiles go to Settings > Profiles:
- Name - Identifies the profile for the admin. For example, the name of the default profiles are Admin, Employee, and Manager
- Scope - determines what data the profile can access. There are 3 scope levels:
1) All company (Admin default scope)- gives profile access to data for the entire company.
2) Locations and teams managed by the user (manager default scope)- gives access to data from only the location and team that the user managers.
3) Only user information (employee default scope) - gives access to only data that relates to themselves.
- Default - If checked the profile will be the default for any new user when they are added.
- Permissions - determines what objects the profile will have access to view, edit, add, clone, delete, and any other permissions specific to the object.
Below is a screenshot of the 4 profile elements. Go to Settings > Profiles and then click on a profile row to get here:
Please sign in to leave a comment.