Why is the employee marked as unknown?
The main reason the employee will be marked as UNKNOWN is if the ID in Crewhu does not match the ID in your PSA or ticketing system. See below screenshot which shows the employee record (Setup > Employee).
In the below example the ID "AsBoy" must match the employee ID in your PSA or ticketing system. If Crewhu does not find a match the employee associated to the ticket will be labeled UNKNOWN.
Other use cases that will cause employee(s) to be marked as UNKNOWN (integration specific)?
In some cases, a ticket does not have to do with a specific employee but more to do with a broken process or a reason outside of the employee's control. In these cases, a manager with permissions to edit surveys will have the option to unassign the employee from the ticket. In this case, the ticket will be associated with an UNKNOWN employee.
Below are more use cases that are integration specific that have been reported by our clients in the past:
Connectwise Use Cases when the employee is marked UNKNOWN
- With the configuration, all who worked on a ticket, if no employee logs time on the ticket.
- With the configuration, the one who resolved the ticket, if the employee does not mark the ticket as resolved, or marks the ticket as resolved after the survey has been answered.
- With the configuration, all who worked on a ticket with "let the customer choose who to credit" checked, and the customer does not check any employees. The default is set to all.
Click on the below article to learn more about Connectwise survey options:
Autotask Use Cases when the employee is marked UNKNOWN
- The Autotask user credited is based on the primary resource token. This token is case sensitive so if the Autotask ID in Crewhu does not match the primary resource token exactly.
- The primary resource token is identified by first name last name usually with no spaces. There have been cases when there was a space between names or a space before or after the name that caused UNKNOWN to occur.
What can I do when the employee is marked UNKNOWN?
When an employee is marked UNKNOWN, a manager with permissions to edit surveys can reassign the ticket to the employee:
- Click "Reassign"
- Choose the employee(s) to credit.
- Click confirm