This guide will show you how to get the customer survey snippet and install it into your Autotask ticketing system and configure the customer service settings to get a higher number of survey responses. This module will measure customer service by company, by team, by employee, and by customer. The analytics that you capture will help you measure and improve your customer service to keep customer retention high. This module will also let you reward high performers to help reinforce amazing customer service throughout your company. So let’s get started!
Setup Locations, Teams, Positions, & Employees
- Setup Locations (optional)- By default, your company HQ will already be configured. If you do not have additional locations you can skip this step. Locations are normally physical locations and sometimes has a leader accountable for the performance of the location. You can report by location in Crewhu. Go to Setup > Locations to add to and manage your locations:
- Setup Teams (optional) - teams are a great way to group employees by function or workgroup (they are not location specific). Teams normally have 1 manager or leader accountable for the team. Some examples of teams include Support, Projects, Proactive Services, Account Management Administration, Sales & Marketing. You will be able to report and measure performance by team. Go to Setup > Teams to add to and manage your teams:
- Setup Positions - Positions are a great way to recognize employees. Besides your normal positions, you can have levels based on certification and experience level. For example Technician Level 1, Technician Level 2, etc. You will also be able to have contests based on positions.
- Add Employees - go to Seetings > Employee > Add:
1) Employee ID: Enter first name and last name [FnameLname] with no spaces. Please note the ID is case sensitive and must match for the integration to work. If there is no match Crewhu will report UNKNOWN. For example, my Autotask ID would be [StephenSpiegel].
2) Name: Enter the First name and Last name of the employee.
3) E-mail: Enter employee email.
4) Positions: Enter employee position. The position is important for survey notification purposes.
5) Profile: Choose a profile for the employee. The profile determines permissions and scope. By default, there are 3: Administrator, Managers, Employee.
1) Photo (*recommended): Best practice is to upload a headshot. The photo will appear on the survey id this setting is activated making the interaction more personal;
2) Birthday: Future feature - we will have birthday announcements and ability to send an automated birthday badge to recognize your crew on their special day;
3) Location: By default, all team members will belong to HQ. You only need to make a change here if there is more than one location.
4) Team (*recommended): You can assign an employee to a team if applicable. Crewhu can report by team.
5) Hire Date: Inform the employee's hire date, so automated loyalty badges will be sent to recognize your crew for hitting years served milestones with the company;
6) Send invitation after save: If checked, the employee will receive an invitation immediately to sign up. This helps make onboarding easier for the admin.
Configure Crewhu Survey Setting
- In Crewhu go to Settings > CSAT Survey
- Upload an image of your logo. For best results use any size that respects the same aspect ratio of the following minimum size: 342px width x 216px height. Your logo will brand your 1-click CSAT survey.
- Select Autotask as your integration partner:
- Select your rating type and customize your rating labels.
Best Practice: Capitalize only the first letter of each label.
- Activate the miscellaneous survey settings that you would like to use:
IP Restriction - used to restrict an IP from answering surveys. For example, your company network. This is not a good setting to use if you would like to track surveys for internal tickets.
Show employee picture - Highly recommended! When this setting is activated it will show the employee picture that has been uploaded to the employee record (Setup > Employees) in the survey.
- Activate the CSAT widget to make your customer satisfaction score public. You can add the widget HTML to your website or email signature.
Best practice: Activate the CSAT widget 30-60 days after launching the Crewhu platform so you are highlighting a good sample of survey feedback.
- Configure survey email notifications:
When to notify: Choose when an email notification should go out for each rating type: Always, Only with comment, or Never.
Notify employee: Choose to notify the employee(s) involved with the ticket.
Best Practice: Start with notifications set for Always for all ratings and then add filters later. Also, allow your employees to receive notification.
- Turn on and configure your surveys based on your PSA integration options (see appropriate integration documentation guide) and then press view/copy button:
Copy the source code to clipboard and paste into the appropriate place in your ticketing system or PSA:
Image Snippet: Show 3 faces
Text only snippet: The text option will not be blocked by an image filter.
Best practice: The more popular option is the faces because they are more engaging. You can A/B test. Try the image snippet for one month and then try the text only snippet for one month and see which option yields the best results.
Example resolve ticket email with 3 faces:
Example of Crewhu survey
Autotask Configuration: Template & Workflow for Resolved Surveys
1. In your Autotask admin account go to the “Features and Settings” tab and click “Notification Templates” to create a notification template.
2. Click on the “Service Desk” tab and click the “new” button to create a new template.
3. Create a ticket resolution email template and then switch to HTML (source code)
4. Past the Crewhu snippet (HTML source code) where you would like the customer service faces to show. (A best practice is to put the faces in the middle of the email to increase conversion.)
5. Click on design to preview template.
6. Click on Workflow Rules in the Features & Setting Page to configure when and to whom to send the closed ticket email. Here you will name the workflow rule, choose edited by anyone, status= complete and which tickets (based on queues) will receive the closed ticket email.
7. Then in the notification tab of the workflow rule check ticket contact, add your support email address (sender) and choose template that you created with the Crewhu email snippet
8. Create a test ticket. You are ready to roll.
Note: The data will show "&" symbols. This is not an error but just part of the test data. Once you see that the data populates you can go live.
Autotask Configuration: Reply Surveys
1. From the main Autotask Menu navigate to the Features and Setting menu as below (1 minute)
2. Now Expand the Application Wide Features, and choose Notification Templates
3. Now Choose the Service Desk tab from the top menu bar
Now you will have on screen all of the notification templates used within the Service Desk in
Autotask, you'll need to find the ones you want to insert the reply surveys in to.
4. When you have found the notification template you wish to insert the reply survey to, you need to paste the code snippet from Crewhu into the HTML section of the email body. The snippet can be found in CrewHu by logging in and going to Settings > Survey and the scrolling
down to the 'Reply Survey' section.
One this is pasted in, return to the 'Design' tab to check the email looks as required.
Repeat for each notification template you require the survey on.
Total Duration reply survey configuration: 5 minutes
Please sign in to leave a comment.