This guide will show the details of Autotask SOAP as the integration partner in Crewhu and how to set the API Key properly. It covers the following topics:
Profile level required for these procedures: Admin (What level am I?)
Employees, Locations, Teams & Positions
In Crewhu, you can either Upload employee details using a CSV file or add an employee manually going to Settings > Employees > Add:
- Employee ID - the 8 numbers Resource ID found in Autotask on ADMIN > Resources (users):
- First and Last names - Make sure it matches the Resource Name in Autotask. Avoid spaces before and after the names and keep the upper cases, the lower cases, and special characters exactly the same.
- Email - Fill in the employee email.
- Position - Select from the drop-down menu. Positions are a great way to recognize employees. Besides your normal positions, you can have levels based on certification and experience level. For example Technician Level 1, Technician Level 2, etc. You will also be able to have contests based on positions. Go to Setup > Positions to add to and manage your teams.
- Profile - Select from the drop-down menu. Profiles determine permissions in Crewhu and are important for notification purposes. By default, there are 3: Admin, Manager, and Employee.
Refer to this article to know more about how to Add your Crew.
Integrator Username and Password
In Autotask, to create your Integrator Username and Password follow the steps below:
Go to ADMIN > Resources (users) > NEW API User.
- Fill in the following fields:
First Name: Crewhu
Last Name: Bot
Email address: our suggestion is to use the email of the person responsible for the API connection. Autotask can send an email to warn this person about any API issues
Security Level: select API User (system) from the drop-down menu
Integration Vender: Select Crewhu - Customer Satisfaction from the drop-down menu
- Click the buttons to generate:
Key: use as Integrator Username
Password: use as Integrator Password
- Click Save & Close
To learn more about the API User (system) permissions, please refer to the article System security levels from Autotask knowledge Base, or reach out to their support team at Datto Support Portal.
Go to Settings > CSAT Survey:
Upload an image of your logo: For best results use any size that respects the same aspect ratio of the following minimum size: 342px width x 216px height. Your logo will brand your 1-click CSAT survey.
Integrator Partner: Select Autotask (SOAP) from the drop-down menu;
Integrator Username: Insert your Integrator Username and Password (click here to see how to create it);
Integrator Password: Test your integration.
The steps below are used by both integrations:
- Rating Type: select and customize your rating labels. Click on Custom Survey Faces to learn more about it.
- Miscellaneous Settings: Activate the other survey settings that you would like to use.
- Survey Language - select from the drop-down menu.
- Unknown Label - Choose how the system will call surveys that were not associated with any employee. To learn more about it click on Employee marked as UNKNOWN
- IP Restriction - used to restrict an IP from answering surveys. For example, your company network. This is not a good setting to use if you would like to track surveys for internal tickets.
- Show employee picture - Highly recommended! When this setting is activated it will show the employee picture that has been uploaded to the employee record (Setup > Employees) in the survey.
- Write Survey Back - Check the box and Crewhu will write back to the Autotask ticket the following information:
- Two most recent survey ratings
- Survey feedback, added Autotask ticket as an internal note
- Survey Notes (available on 2019 Pro and Badass Plans). To learn more about survey notes click on Survey Improvements Notes
IMPORTANT:Go to ADMIN > Features and Settings > SERVICE DESK (TICKETS) > Ticket Categories and Edit the category:
Create a section in Autotask tickets to see survey ratings:
On the Details tab, click on New Section and name it. In the example below, we called it Crewhu Ratings and put it on position 4.
Under Hidden Fields (section #7 on the example below) locate the fields Rating (UDF) and Previous Rating (UDF) (#7.1 and #7.2) and drag them under the section that you just created.
Repeat the process for each Ticket Category. The image below shows how the survey ratings will be displayed on Autotask tickets:
- CSAT widget: activate it to make your customer satisfaction score public. You can add the widget HTML to your website or email signature.
Activate the CSAT widget 30-60 days after launching the Crewhu platform so you are highlighting a good sample of survey feedback.
- Notifications: Choose when to trigger notifications for each rating: Always, Only with comment, or Never and chose to notify the employee(s) involved with the ticket.
Start with notifications set for Always for all ratings and then add filters later. Also, allow your employees to receive a notification.
- Mark as Reviewed Automatically: options are Always, When no Comments, or Never: Use these settings to automate the closed-loop process for each survey depending on the rating. Below is an example of one of the most used settings:
- Turn on and configure your Survey Types: Click on Setup Resolved Reply Signature Surveys for more details. Press view/copy button:
- Copy the source code to clipboard (View/Copy button above) and paste into the notification template in Autotask:
The drop-down presents two options:
Image Snippet - Show 3 faces:
Text only snippet - Text option. The text option will not be blocked by an image filter.
The more popular option is the faces because they are more engaging. You can A/B test. Try the image snippet for one month and then try the text-only snippet for one month and see which option yields the best results.
Refer to this article to have more information about the Autotask Integration: Autotask REST Integration