Workaround for Notifications in Private Teams Channels
Hey CrewHu community! I want to share a workaround we use to get "OK" and "Bad" notifications sent to a private MS Teams channel. Private Teams channels don't work with integrations, so we had to come up with a workaround.
1. Create a Private Teams Channel
- We named ours "😐 Not Great Reviews"
2. Get the email address associated with the channel.
3. Click advanced settings and add the crewhu.net and crewhu.com domains to the "safe senders" list. We do this for security.
4. Copy the email address inside the carrot brackets: < >
5. Make a CrewHu user with that email address as their contact address. We called the user "Teams-Notification OK-Bad"
6. Create a new CrewHu profile. We called ours "Notifications_OK_and_Bad"
- Ensure the profile has Profile scope: All Company and save.
- The profile does not require any permissions.
7. Navigate to Notifications settings and set your new profile's default to - none - and save.
8. Set the CSAT Survey Closed notification to Related to all Employees and save.
9. Click Advanced Options in CSAT Survey Closed to navigate to the CSAT Survey Settings. Set your ratings as follows:
10. The Teams channel will now receive emails ONLY when an Okay or Bad review is received. This does not impact the official Teams integration notifications, as that integration notifies per its own settings, not the CSAT Survey settings.
But what if you still want email notifications for Great ratings?
To ensure admins and managers are still notified by email regarding Great CSAT reviews, activate Send badge for Great rating in any surveys you use.
All done! If you have any issues setting this up, let me know. CrewHu support can also set this up. I hope this helps someone!
Please sign in to leave a comment.