This guide will demonstrate the reasons why employees are marked as UNKNOWN in surveys and how to adjust:
- Match ID with your PSA
- Connectwise (special cases)
- Autotask (special cases)
- Assign UNKNOWN survey to employee
- Change assigned survey to UNKNOWN
- Edit the "UNKNOWN" label
Profile level required for these procedures: Admin (What level am I?)
Match ID with your PSA
For correct identification of your employees on the surveys, their ID in Crewhu must match the one used in your PSA or ticketing system.
Go to Setup > Employees and click the user profile to view/edit information:
If you use Connectwise
Here are some specific cases for Connectwise users that can result in UNKNOWN employee even if the IDs are matching:
- Set to "All who worked on a ticket" > No employee logs time on the ticket;
- Set to "The one who resolved the ticket > The employee does not mark the ticket as "Resolved" or changes the status after the survey has been answered;
- Set to "All who worked on a ticket" and the "Let the customer chooses who to credit" box checked > The customer does not select any employees.
(Click here to see a more detailed approach of these settings for Connectwise)
If you use Autotask
Here are some specific cases for Autotask users that can result in UNKNOWN employee even if the IDs are matching:
CASE SENSITIVE: ID must observe upper and lowercase characters;
SPACES: ID on Crewhu contains improper space at the beginning, middle or end.
Assign the survey to an employee
Go to Operations > Survey History and click on the survey showing UNKNOWN employee:
Under the "Employee(s)" section, click on the "Reassign" button and on the pop-up, select the employees you want to assign to the survey and press "Confirm".
Change assigned survey to UNKNOWN
Go to Operations > Survey History and click on the survey you want to remove employees assigned:
Under the "Employee(s)" section, click on the "Reassign" button. On the pop-up, uncheck all employees and press "Confirm".
Edit the "UNKNOWN" label
You can change the label for the surveys not assigned to any employee, going to Settings > CSAT Survey.
On the "Miscellaneous Settings" section, find the label option, apply your changes and click the green "Save" button on the top right corner of the page: