- Active Integration
- IT Glue is one of Crewhu's Premium Integrations available on Standard, Pro and Badass Plans (1, 3 and 5 Premium Integrations respectively).
- You will need access to IT Glue's API key in your IT Glue account, and Admin permissions in Crewhu.
Crewhu + IT Glue integration allows you to measure and reward your team for hitting documentation goals, using contests based on the metrics that you want to track:
- Documents created
- Documents updated
- Documents viewed
- Documents deleted
- IT Glue engagement score
- Custom documentation score
Once the integration is on, you can either use the Documentation Engagement Internal Score or create your own score based on individual documentation metrics or documentation score.
IT Glue built an IP Restriction feature. So, in order for the integration to work, you have to whitelist Crewhu's IP addresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
1. Documentation Engagement Internal Score
Go to Setup > Scores. By default, Crewhu offers 3 Internal Scores:
Click on Documentation Engagement. Note that Internal Scores cannot be changed. However, if you click on Copy, you will be able to create a new score, change the weights and suppress or add metrics if necessary. Learn how to do that on step #2.
The default Documentation Engagement Internal Score gives 10 points for each document created, 5 points for each document updated and 1 point for each viewed document. When you create a contest using this metric, you will be able to choose how many Crewhu Bucks you will reward the employees that hit their goals:
2. Create a Custom Documentation Engagement Score
Go to Setup > Scores. Click on Add to create a new score from scratch or click on Documentation Engagement > Copy to create a new documentation score based on the existing one:
- Type a Name for the Custom Score;
- Choose the Unit (# makes more sense for documentation scores);
- Choose the Order (Higher the Better is more commonly used for documentation metrics)
- For the example above we used Weights;
- Add as many Criteria as you wish by clicking on "+". Click on "-" to delete the criteria. Choose the metric from the dropdown menu and type how many points each metric is worth;
- Save at the end.
Your newly created documentation score will now appear on the Score list. Double click to edit it if necessary:
You can create as many scores as you wish.
3. Create a Contest using a Documentation Score
Go to Operations > Contests and click on Add.
- Source: choose Score;
- Score: choose the Internal Documentation Engagement Score or the Custom Score that you created;
- Unit: will automatically fill in according to the Score;
- Type: for the example below we used Places;
- Goal: set a goal that is achievable but also boosts your team productivity. Also choose how many Crewhu Bucks will be rewarded to each place. You can add as many places as you need. On this example, 3 team members will be rewarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- Timeframe: select from the dropdown menu. Weekly was chosen for this example;
- Week: chose the week to launch the contest. This option depends on what you chose on Timeframe;
- Locations, Teams, and Positions: narrow down which employees will participate in this contest;
- Name: Click on the Custom checkbox to rename the contest;
- Description: Let your team know the goals they need to achieve to be rewarded;
- Recurring: check recurring if you would like this specific contest to recur and launch automatically
- Click Save at the end.
IT Glue Documentation Engagement - your crew will be able to view leaderboard and contest details in their account:
- The Crewhu + IT Glue integration will automatically update the contest every 15 minutes. Once the contest is launched, you might have to wait a little bit for the update;
- IT Glue integration is based on the employee's email, and not the employee ID, so the employee's email must be a match in both Crewhu and IT Glue;
- At the moment, our IT Glue integration point to the US server by default. If you use a different server (such as the European), please open a ticket with support (email@example.com) requesting the change. Also, you have to add the API Token in Settings > Integrations so we can validate the server.
For more information on Metrics, Scores, and Contests view below articles: